Sr. Anti-Fraud Engineer
Sr. Anti-Fraud Engineer
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for an engineer who can help us stay one step ahead of fraud in our Brave Ads ecosystem. This position is vital to help us make sure that rewards go to Brave users, not to bad actors. We are looking to refine, automate, and expand the BAT ecosystem’s anti-fraud processes, and build more of the necessary tooling over time. We are looking for somebody who always prefers a simple solution over a complex one and who can take whole solutions from end to end.
- Experience with SQL, Postgres/Redshift, and building analytics queries
- Experience building robust API endpoints
- Experience stopping bad actors in a system, e.g. ad fraud, e-commerce fraud
- A working understanding of fraud vectors, both small scale (client side hacks) and large scale (botnets)
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams
- Comfort working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
Nice to haves
- Have built/trained statistical / machine learning models at scale to solve real world problems
- Experience with ad-tech/martech ecosystem
- Familiarity with the world of cryptocurrency, especially Ethereum
- Familiarity with challenges in privacy preserving ecosystems
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
United States Candidates: The salary range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000 USD, depending on experience.
Check us out
LinkedIn | Glassdoor | brave.com
Something looks off?