Tax Manager, International Tax
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $7T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
The Finance team is focused on enabling Chainlink Labs to operate as a financially healthy and responsible business, building for speed and scale while avoiding unnecessary friction. We manage our capital resources carefully, surveying the road ahead to anticipate and prepare for any turn, and ensure the right resources are allocated for maximum returns. We analyze the business and report on key performance indicators, partner closely with other teams across the company, and ensure that we drive the right business outcomes, proper compliance, and accountability.
This is a career-defining opportunity to oversee the international tax function in a fast-growing global tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
- Manage key stakeholders in the tax planning and execution process, including outside tax advisors, Finance/ Accounting, FP&A, Legal and HR to ensure proper risk assessment, planning, development and execution of the tax planning strategies
- Oversee the US federal, state, local and international income tax returns prepared by the external service providers and ensure their complete and timely filing
- Support the documentation of the transfer pricing policies, the respective inter-company accounting, and work with external service providers to develop transfer pricing documentation reports
- Monitor tax legislation updates and analyze their impacts
- Research complex tax issuesLead tax technology and process optimization
- Other duties / special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA license preferred
- 5+ years of relevant tax experience in Big 4 and/or public company, including hands-on US corporate and international tax compliance experience
- Proven track record of successfully advising tech clients in emerging technology sectors and thinking outside the box on novel tax cases
- Strong organizational skills to manage deadlines and multiple projects and responsibilities timely and effectively, attention to detail
- Curiosity and a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industries
- Willing to grow in a startup environment, open-mindedness and adaptability
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets, ERP experience
- Knowledge of crypto industry specific tax compliance matters is preferred but not required
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more open positions at Chainlink
Something looks off?