Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Dublin, Ireland · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 16, 2020
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $8T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
The infrastructure team enables Chainlink development and maintains services that support the health of the most widely-adopted oracle network in the world. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us solve some of the unique challenges of blockchain oracle architecture and be primarily responsible for the Chainlink ecosystem's off-chain part.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work. In the Infrastructure team, we follow the infrastructure-as-code approach and practice GitOps. Our on-call rotation uses the follow-the-sun pattern: you will be on call some of the time, but there should not be any overnight shifts.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Support monitoring services that watch over the entire Chainlink network.
- Deploy and maintain various externally-facing services like reference Chainlink nodes used by developers and customers (including critical services such as Chainlink VRF).
- Improve the reliability and observability of our internal infrastructure.
- Provide our engineers with a reliable release pipeline and empower them to release and deploy Chainlink and adjacent tools extremely quickly.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience. You have a software engineering background or an operations background and have worked as an SRE (or in a very close position) before.
- Experience with system architecture. You can create a design document for a cross-region load-balancing app with five microservices, a PostgreSQL cluster, a caching layer, and a Kafka queue—and then implement it on AWS.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines. You can troubleshoot an existing pipeline or build your own, and you've probably worked on both software delivery and cloud-based services deployment.
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration. You have built or maintained complex Kubernetes clusters before.
- Ability to read and write code. You can understand precisely why a recent code change led to degraded performance; you can write scripts and tools to automate routine tasks and eliminate toil.
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews.
- Professional experience with Golang, TypeScript, or both.
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience running blockchain full node operator is a big plus.
- Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a big plus.
- Comfort working with network protocols, proxies, and load balancers.
- Experience with information security and DevSecOps.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- We are giving slight preference to candidates who live in the UTC to UTC+8 range due to our on-call schedule for this particular opening.
Some of the tools and services we use daily or almost daily are:
AWS; Terraform/Terragrunt; Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD; Prometheus and Grafana; GitHub Actions; Packer
We expect you to be comfortable with most of those tools and very proficient in several of them.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.