Research Engineer, Acceleration
Madrid, Spain · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 16, 2020
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
About the Role
Chainlink Labs is seeking Research Engineers to support its mission of building the world’s most secure and flexible decentralized oracle technologies. Research Engineers will work directly with top domain experts in applied cryptography, mechanism design (crypto economics), distributed systems, and other disciplines to identify and solve key research challenges and build production solutions that keep Chainlink at the forefront of oracle system deployment and fuel the success of the smart contract ecosystem.
- Working with Chainlink core engineering to identify short- and long-term research challenges critical to the company’s success and to transition innovations from Chainlink Labs into production.
- Working with research scientists and technical advisors to study, invent, and build cutting-edge oracle technologies for the benefit of the company and community.
- Staying abreast of the evolution of relevant technology ecosystems and participating in relevant technical communities for more effective application development and to guide research toward practical and impactful work.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent professional experience along with coursework in algorithms and data structures and discrete math.
- Familiarity with academic process and ability to engage with existing literature on relevant research topics, e.g. by performing literature searches and comprehending papers in a wider context.
- Professional software development experience is required.
- Advanced computer science or related degree, coursework in applied and theoretical cryptography, mechanism design, distributed systems, or related fields.
- Familiarity with Go or Rust.
- Broad knowledge of blockchain technologies and familiarity specifically with smart contracts.
- We use Go, Typescript, Solidity, Python, LATEX, git, and Linux/Unix.
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
*Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer*
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants