Security Response Engineer
Remote · London, UK
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The security Team
The security department is the guardian of Chainlink Labs’ people and infrastructure. Its principal objective is to safeguard Chainlink Labs and its assets against potential threats from any external or internal source. This mission is accomplished through a combination of specialized security engineering, the deployment of cutting-edge technologies, forward-thinking policy development, and the training of highly skilled, security-aware personnel throughout the entire organization.
As an indispensable component of the larger organization, the team seeks to promote a widely understood culture of security, safeguarding our most valuable assets while remaining agile and accessible to all employees and the community.
As a Security Response Engineer on the Threat Management team, you will be responsible for preventing, detecting, and responding to all manner of security incidents that impact the company, on and off chain. You will be responsible for developing and deploying tools to automate, enrich, and integrate data from a wide variety of sources into our security stack. You will steward a culture of security as you work with teams across the company to drive down risk.
This role is also a career-defining opportunity, as you will be a part of a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure designed to power the digital agreements of the future.
- Drive the resolution of security incidents across all facets of the company
- Build novel detection capabilities for threats across local, cloud, and blockchain environments
- Collaborate with individuals across our infrastructure, finance, IT, and HR teams on security-related projects
- Develop tools to automate response processes to expedite analysis workflows
- Participate in a week-long on-call rotation
- Experience writing detection rules focused on threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Proficiency in threat hunting across large datasets
- Coding experience (Python, Ruby, Go or similar)
- Software engineering/computer science/computer security background
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud providers
- Familiarity with analysis of host and network telemetry
- Startup experience
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants