Accounting & Financial Reporting, Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $8T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
The Finance team is focused on enabling Chainlink Labs to operate as a financially healthy and responsible business, building for speed and scale while avoiding unnecessary friction. We manage our capital resources carefully, surveying the road ahead to anticipate and prepare for any turn, and ensure the right resources are allocated for maximum returns. We analyze the business and report on key performance indicators, partner closely with other teams across the company, and ensure that we drive the right business outcomes, proper compliance, and accountability.
The right candidate for this role will play a crucial role in the dynamic and growing finance team of a fast-growing tech company, Chainlink Labs. They will take ownership of financial reporting and compliance, contribute to accurate and timely month-end closing, managing statutory audits, formalizing processes into internal controls, and developing accounting policies. The role involves working on multiple entities, maintaining general ledger mapping, and will be a key preparer of financial statements required for compliance and audit reasons throughout the group structure. The ideal candidate should have at least 2-4 years of experience in a similar role, with a strong knowledge of accounting best practices and financial reporting under US GAAP with exposure to other accounting frameworks. Knowledge and interest in the blockchain industry are preferred.
Responsibilities of this Role
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the company's financial reporting processes, accounting policies, and internal controls, and apply this knowledge to ensure accurate and timely month-end closing for multiple entities.
- Successfully manage statutory audits for all relevant jurisdictions, collaborating with external advisors to ensure compliance with regulatory frameworks and deadlines.
- Establish and implement accounting policies and internal control procedures to improve the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting, including the preparation of consolidated financial statements under US GAAP and IFRS, where applicable.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, including the accounting, sales, and treasury teams, to facilitate smooth communication and collaboration in financial reporting.
- Take ownership of the financial reporting function, including assisting in complex accounting transactions and providing support to the wider finance team on matters related to internal control and accounting policy.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 2-4 years of proven experience in a similar accounting role, demonstrating self-motivation and autonomy.
- Strong knowledge of accounting best practices and experience with financial reporting under US GAAP is essential.
- Ability to manage and lead statutory audits for multiple entities, adhering to regulatory deadlines.
- Familiarity with internal control design evaluation and monitoring activities.
- Experience with ERP systems and the ability to leverage systems for process improvements.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proven ability to maintain general ledger mapping for multiple entities and perform account reconciliations.
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude and proactive approach to process improvement.
- CPA qualification or progression towards the designation or equivalent.
- Previous experience in preparing consolidated financial statements under US GAAP.
- Knowledge in transacting DeFi transactions within the blockchain space would be advantageous.
- Experience with financial reporting under IFRS
- Interest in and passion for the rapidly evolving blockchain industry and its potential impact on the world.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.