Senior Public Relations Manager
Marketing & Communications
Remote · London, UK
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
As the Senior Public Relations Manager, your responsibility includes establishing, setting up, and managing calls with industry analysts and Chainlink Labs spokespeople. You'll ensure that these professionals are equipped with the most recent and relevant information about Chainlink and Chainlink Labs, its products, web3 services, and strategic direction. This includes providing pre-brief materials, scheduling calls and follow-ups, addressing inquiries, and capturing feedback to share internally for the continuous improvement of our services and solutions. You'll be responsible for developing and nurturing our relationships with these analysts, and strategically leveraging their expertise to shape Chainlink's industry perception and competitive positioning.
You will also support media relations for traditional finance and mainstream media for product launches and other key Chainlink-related news. Apart from regular tasks and responsibilities, we encourage and expect our Senior Public Relations Manager to bring innovative and proactive ideas to the table. This can include initiatives for increasing the company's overall communication strategy, implementing new tools or tactics, or identifying emerging media trends and opportunities. We value team members who not only excel at their designated roles, but also contribute to the broader growth and development of our communication strategies. Your active participation in brainstorming sessions, team meetings, and other company activities will be
- Develop and execute creative communications campaigns to showcase the Chainlink technology to both the blockchain and enterprise tech media
- Develop and maintain strong, positive, strategic relationships with key analysts, journalists and other influencers to drive awareness about Chainlink and the role it plays in the blockchain ecosystem
- Work with various business/product teams on new product, solution and partnership related announcements
- Build thought leadership programs to maintain press coverage outside of product release cycles
- Ensure Chainlink’s inclusion in all relevant coverage in target outlets
- Manage outside agency resources in the execution of those communications programs
- Mine for and build compelling stories that media would be interested in writing about
- Write original content (press releases, bylines, etc)
- Prepare spokespeople in advance of any interviews and provide feedback after the fact
- Provide counsel to key stakeholders across the organization about what constitutes compelling stories and how best to position news to maximize coverage and positive perception
- Measure the success of each program and report on that to key stakeholders, adjusting programs as necessary in real time to ensure KPIs are achieved
Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Communications/Public Relations, Business or other Marketing-related field
- 8-10 years of technology-specific product PR support, B2B preferred
- PR agency experience required, in-house experience a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Established media relationships within mainstream financial and capital markets media as enterprise tech media
- Proven ability to be flexible and work under pressure
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills
- Candidates should have proven experience in managing industry analyst relations. This includes the ability to work effectively with leading technology analyst firms such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, etc, as well as experience working with sell-side and technology sector analysts at investment banks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to establish and maintain positive relationships with these industry experts.
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.