Senior Business Development Manager, Capital Markets/RWA, Asia
Sales & Business Development
Hong Kong · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
About the Role
Are you a strategic thinker with a passion for driving business growth? Do you have a keen interest in the rapidly evolving the Capital Markets and RWA industries and its potential to revolutionize the way we interact with technology? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join Chainlink Labs as our new Senior Business Development Manager.
In this position, you will play a key role in structuring and negotiating deals with some of the largest capital markets and RWA blockchain projects in the world. You will work closely with our clients and executive team to identify and pursue strategic partnerships that can help us expand our reach and accelerate our growth.
- Drive deployment of our product suite with players in the Real World Asset industry (both web3 and TradFi) as well more general Capital Markets players
- Create access to a wide range of senior executives in financial markets based on existing broad relationships with high profile financial institutions and deep experience selling to these stakeholders
- Own our strategic direction and progress for the RWA landscape, building and accelerating the bridge between native web3 players and Traditional Finance institutions
- Ability to be hands on with key relationships and deals to ensure progress
- Extensive (8+ years) deal experience with financial institutions having originated, negotiated, and closed large/strategic partnership or BD deals with creative terms leveraging on a wide range of relationships with senior executives at major financial institutions
- Having worked at a large asset manager and understands the asset management ecosystem in APAC, including regulatory requirements, major participants, and established service providers.
- Have an extensive network of relationships across financial institutions in APAC and the ability to connect to and influence their strategic planning
- Deep interest in blockchains and general crypto experience, ideally as a user/holder
- Mandarin Speaking
- Experience working with digital assets and/or inside a leading financial services provider.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Has set up something from scratch, either a startup or a department or initiative; has taken something from zero to one.
- Have a working knowledge of the Real World Asset landscape, including potential barriers to scale.
- Experience working with blockchain technologies
- Credible presence on stage for public appearances
- Has worked in regulated industries
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants