Senior Software Engineer, Integrations Tooling
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Integrations Tooling team, you will help us build the tools and frameworks to support our core workflows in the Chainlink ecosystem. You will work closely with smart contract and node operations teams to ensure they are equipped to efficiently manage Chainlink oracle deployments and smart contracts. You will be given a high level of autonomy/ownership over your projects, the opportunity to expand your scope of knowledge, and the chance to help build the decentralized infrastructure of the future. This includes exposure to a wide variety of blockchains and protocols.
This is a great role for a senior engineer with Golang or Typescript experience interested in exploring the blockchain and smart contract world and gaining exposure to a wide variety of blockchains and protocols.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Own large components of the toolchain that supports all Chainlink Labs infrastructure and smart contract management
- Converge disparate frameworks built to support different blockchains into one unified experience (a highly unique and ambitious undertaking!)
- Work directly with blockchain integrations, engineering operations, and our security teams to ensure they are able to efficiently and securely execute core workflows
- Actively participate in leveling the team’s engineering bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability and security of the product
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Computer science fundamentals and systems design
- Ability to be creative and resourceful when tackling ambiguous technical challenges
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment, including hands-on Golang development
- Excitement for blockchain, web3, and similar decentralized technologies
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
Sometimes: Typescript, Rust, Solidity
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants