Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote-based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location. This is a full-time role.
As the Video Manager, you will be instrumental to Chainlink’s media strategy. You will collaborate with the Content Team and wider Marketing Team to define and own how Chainlink Labs uses video to enhance its storytelling and YouTube to reach a wider audience. You will have the opportunity to create, manage, and distribute videos across a wide range of channels for audiences across the globe, from Web3 developers to the world’s largest financial institutions.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop, track, and report on goals for a unified video strategy across channels.
- Own day-to-day video operations. Intake, prioritize, and allocate resources for video needs, ranging from brand videos and technical tutorials to global community event coverage and internal recordings.
- Manage and grow the Chainlink YouTube channel.
- Brainstorm, storyboard, and script videos with in-house teams, along with external contractors and agencies.
- Procure and supervise external contractors and production agencies for major marketing initiatives and owned events, hackathons, branded video series, and more.
- Develop a unified video hosting strategy across all other official properties.
- Execute quick turnaround edits for high-priority videos.
- Document and evangelize best practices for video production, execution, and file management.
- Create and own the budget for company-wide video needs.
- Maintain the highest quality brand standards around Chainlink’s video presence.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in video production and management
- Additional 2-3 years of experience working within the blockchain industry
- Experience running and growing YouTube for major brands, ideally tech and developer-oriented brands.
- Experience in filming, editing, and motion design. Demonstrated skill with video editing software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and Resolve.
- Experience with video and audio production equipment
- Excellent organization, planning, and communication skills
- Ability to distill technical and complex concepts into artful and simple videos
- A collaborative mindset and proven ability to work across organizations and with external contractors and agencies. Agency experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, and manage numerous projects and deliver high-quality products on time.
- Experience with live streaming
- Ability to operate camera and sound equipment
- Ability to travel
- Passion for Chainlink
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants