Equity Operations and Program Lead
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The People Team
At Chainlink Labs, the People Team plays a pivotal role in driving the company's growth and shaping its future. We strive to make Chainlink Labs the premier destination in the Web3 space. Our goal is to attract, inspire, and retain a global, diverse and highly skilled workforce that continually raises the bar for performance and in driving impact. We foster an environment in which career-defining moments are created, offering meaningful challenges that unlock unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth. We compete fiercely in the Web3 labor market and extend our reach into the Web2 talent pool, always aiming to share knowledge and onboard non-Web3 talent into our company and industry. The People Team is at the forefront of these endeavors, playing a crucial role in nurturing a culture where the business and our employees win.
As the Equity Operations and Program Lead at Chainlink Labs, you will be at the forefront of creating a world based on truth over trust and helping incentivize our global world-class talent to achieve success. This will be done by efficiently managing and overseeing our long-term incentive programs. Your role will involve administering LTI plans, ensuring legal and tax compliance,c and providing guidance on LTI-related matters. This will entail a global scope with a large US presence, however we are a decentralized global startup with team members all over the world. This role will report into our Total Rewards team, and work closely with our finance and legal teams, as well as liaise directly with team members. This role is crucial to help maintain and evolve the company’s LTI program strategy, run the day-to-day operations of all programs, and ensure a high degree of data integrity.
- Ultimate owner and subject matter expert of all Long-Term Incentive (LTI) plans.
- Help drive the strategy of LTI plans and own the administration and tracking
- Own all grant data (tracking new grants + auditing and cleaning up old data)
- End-to-end project owner to onboard and integrate a new SSOT LTI mgmt system, and then be the owner / primary POC for this system.
- Implement a ticketing system for all LTI-related questions
- Help create self-service informative documents about our LTI Plans (Tier 0 support), train People Operations to answer basic LTI questions (Tier 1 support), and liaise directly with plan participants with more difficult questions and escalations (Tier 2-3 support)
- Create better files, processes, and governance around issuing, tracking, and settling grants
- Evaluate and evolve existing communication and grant agreements templates
- Work cross-functionally to execute all redemptions and settlements
- Conduct analyses to ensure health of the LTI plans and their participants
- 3-5+ years of overseeing equity or long-term incentive programs, or related incentive plans
- Deep understanding of equity/LTI compensation - preferably in the US and other global markets
- Data Management: Proficient in handling and analyzing large data sets, as well as using equity management software
- Attention to detail: Processing transactions, reviewing contracts, tracking data, etc.
- Proficient in regulatory and tax requirements (US and global)
- Communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication to educate and inform about our LTI Plans, and explain complex concepts in a clear, thoughtful manner
- Ability to conduct high-quality work with senior stakeholders in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
- Total Rewards acumen: understanding total rewards strategy, including best practices on attracting and retaining world-class talent
- Financial principles: awareness and understanding of financial principles and their application
- Project management experience
- Experience in and knowledge about web3/crypto (plan mechanics, market dynamics, regulations, tax considerations, etc)
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants