Product Engineering Manager
Edge & Node
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more.
The Product Engineering team develops browser-based products including dapps, apps, and beautiful marketing pages. We value attention to detail, a sense of ownership, and a willingness to improve. The team is highly collaborative and very passionate about web3 technologies. The team structure is comprised of Product Engineers, UI Engineers and QA. We collaborate closely with the Design team and other teams across time zones and push the boundaries of what is possible.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Product Engineering Manager. They will support the individuals on this team and build a culture of collaboration and predictable software delivery. The Product Engineering team is building our core browser-enabled products such as Studio, Explorer and supporting components, and also marketing UIs, such as The Graph website and E&N website. This management position requires a strong understanding of growing teams and processes and will be accountable for the overall team’s performance and quality of software.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading day-to-day activities of our Product Engineering team, including sprint planning, and requirements gathering
- Managing the Product Engineering team, providing guidance and mentorship to ensure their success and bolster their future career development
- Working closely as part of the engineering management team, collaborating with executives, external partners, and the broader organization to prioritize engineering efforts and allocate resources effectively
- Fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration and resourcefulness, making sure that continuous improvements are made in the engineering team
- Collaborating closely with Design team, and make sure that relevant feedback is being addressed
What We Expect
- 3-5 years of experience managing small to medium size teams
- Strong technical background
- Experience with developing browser-based software applications
- Some experience with blockchain products
- Prior exposure to startup environments is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.
Something looks off?