Head of Communications
Flowcarbon is a leading climate technology company leveraging new technology and innovative financing structures to scale the voluntary carbon market. We are committed to facilitating the direct flow of capital to climate projects that remove or reduce carbon from the atmosphere, with the utmost commitment to quality and integrity.
Flowcarbon vertically integrates across the entire carbon offset lifecycle, offering strategies & solutions ranging from carbon project origination and structured finance to marketing and carbon portfolio management.
Our team of carbon market experts, blockchain specialists, and environmentalists is driven by the shared purpose to accelerate climate action with innovative technologies.
We’re backed by investors including a16z, General Catalyst, Samsung Next, Invesco Private Capital, and RSE Ventures.
As our Head of Communications, you are responsible for creating original content, as well as developing a strategy for content and manage all writers on the team who contribute to content creation.
- Lead external and internal communications and oversee consistent and competitive placement for Media Company in national media (US), trade and business press
- Develop an integrated communication plan that aligns with the overarching strategy
- Work with the executive team to craft meaningful corporate messages articulating the organization’s value to key audiences and activates it through content narratives, thought leadership, social media, events, earned media
- Maintain relationships with key media outlets and press while continually measuring key performance indicators
- Shape the organization’s response to current events
- Identify other key hires and/or agency partners
- 10+ years’ of B2C and/or B2B experience in driving the creation and execution of complex communications plans
- Specific experience leading communications in the climate tech space and ideally the carbon offset space
- Specific experience leading communications for a crypto company a plus
- Track-record securing top-tier coverage and strong relationships with consumer-facing and trade media
- Comprehensive understanding of digital communications and how all program components (PR, social, editorial, thought leadership) fit together to create an integrated strategy
- Deep experience planning, executing and measuring communications campaigns
- Compelling storyteller with a demonstrated ability to craft a clear narrative that has impact
- Outstanding presentation skills and is equally comfortable with leaders across the C-suite and business units, editorial, and product
- Experienced with staffing and prepping senior executives, as well as rapid response and issues management communications
- Proven leadership and people management skills, with the ability to guide, develop and retain a growing team
- Resilient, persistent, optimistic, and curious
- Sound judgment, problem-solving skills and collaborative decision-making
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced writing and communications skills; experience writing speeches
Join our team
We are growing quickly and looking for top talent to support our company who share our desire to make a positive, measurable impact on climate change.
Our roles offer a unique opportunity on the ground floor of a well-funded and fast-growing startup in a rapidly evolving and exciting space. Our mission presents not only a uniquely interesting economic opportunity, but one that has major climate benefits. Come join us!
- Collaborative workplace culture
- Equity options at rapidly growing startup
- Weekly team lunches
- Monthly team outings
- Hybrid office/remote schedule
- Beautiful office in Union Square with snacks, drinks and meeting space
Equal employment opportunity
Flowcarbon is an equal opportunity employer. We are a female founded company, we value diversity and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Something looks off?