Flowcarbon is a leading climate finance and technology company leveraging innovative financing structures to scale the voluntary carbon market. We are committed to facilitating the direct flow of capital to climate projects that remove or reduce carbon from the atmosphere, with the utmost commitment to quality and integrity.
Flowcarbon is a vertically integrated platform servicing the entire carbon offset lifecycle, by offering strategies & solutions ranging from carbon project origination and structured finance to marketing and carbon portfolio management.
Our team of carbon market experts, technology specialists, and finance professionals is driven by the shared purpose to accelerate climate action through innovations within the voluntary carbon market.
We’re backed by leading investors including a16z, General Catalyst, Samsung Next, Fifth Wall, Invesco Private Capital, and RSE Ventures.
Flowcarbon is looking for a Carbon Trader to help drive expansion of our global carbon portfolio. This role will collaborate with other team members to drive a creative, strategic plan within the voluntary carbon market.
- Design and execute strategic OTC carbon trading plans in line with Flowcarbon’s business objectives.
- Manage and optimize our portfolio of carbon credits, tracking performance, and identifying opportunities.
- Conduct thorough market research and analysis to inform trading strategies and decisions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders, including carbon exchanges, project developers, and buyers.
- Ensure all trading activities adhere to relevant market regulations and standards.
- Collaborate with internal teams, providing market insights and data to drive strategic planning and decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or related field
- 2+ years experience in carbon trading and/or origination within the voluntary carbon market
- Extensive understanding of carbon markets, including the nuances of the voluntary carbon market
- Proven track record in portfolio management and strategic trading
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Entrepreneurial and highly motivated
- Ability to work effectively in a nimble and rapidly evolving market environment
Join our team
We are growing quickly and looking for top talent to support our company who share our desire to make a positive, measurable impact on climate change.
Our roles offer a unique opportunity on the ground floor of a well-funded and fast-growing startup in a rapidly evolving and exciting space. Our mission presents not only a uniquely interesting economic opportunity, but one that has major climate benefits. Come join us!
- Collaborative workplace culture
- Equity options at rapidly growing startup
- Weekly team lunches
- Monthly team outings
- Hybrid office/remote schedule
- Beautiful office in Union Square with snacks, drinks and meeting space
Equal employment opportunity
Flowcarbon is an equal opportunity employer. We are a female founded company, we value diversity and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.