Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.
Ledger has developed Ledger Live, an application to manage all your blockchain-backed assets. It’s built in React.js (Electron on Desktop and React Native on Mobile) and supports multiple blockchains (coins & NFTs) as well as provides multiple services by integrating DApps and offering a SDK for 3rd parties to integrate. Of course, all this is backed by our hardware wallets which Ledger Live allows you to manage.
- You join Ledger Live engineering team to maintain and develop on Ledger Live stack involving Ledger Live apps (mobile and desktop) and its ecosystem,
- Your work involves working 100% on Open Source projects all gathered in our monorepo: ledger-live,
- You participate to our modularization effort by contributing to our upcoming Device SDK, intended for both internal and external usageYou maintain and extend our @ledgerhq/hw-transport-* libraries that implement communication protocol with Ledger hardware wallet devices through many communication channels (U2F, HID, WebUSB, Bluetooth,...) and platforms (Web, Node, Electron, React Native,...),
- You contribute to “My Ledger” section on Ledger Live application where users can update their devices’ firmware and install applications,
- You collaborate closely with other engineering teams like the Firmware team as well as your Product team
- You help our QA team to automate even more our testing approaches,
- You hunt bugs: Be involved in investigating bugs in the complex world of blockchains edge cases.
What we’re looking for:
- Engineer profile with at least 7 years of experience in software development and a tech lead experience,
- A curious mind with a positive attitude to join a highly collaborative team
- Strong background/interest in algorithm development and optimization to work on our stack: work with devices using APDU, messages, work with blockchain technologies, etc.,
- Excellent knowledge of React and hooks,
- Functional reactive programming (RxJS)
- Experience with bluetooth or HID communication,
- Previous experience working with embedded systems,
- Open source experience.
Nice to have:
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.
See more open positions at Ledger
Something looks off?