Senior Front-End Engineer - Ledger Extension
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.
Ledger has developed the Ledger Extension, a multi-chain browser extension that allows you to connect directly to NFT marketplaces and dApps using your Ledger Nano X and warns you about malicious and suspicious websites and smart contracts before signing transactions. It’s built mainly in React.js and Typescript. The extension is currently supported by Safari on iOS and macOS, but we are currently working on extending the support to other popular browsers on desktop as well.
- You join Ledger Extension team to maintain and develop the extension
- You take initiatives and offer technical solutions to challenging problems
- You collaborate closely with other engineering teams like the Devices and Blockchain integration teams, the Design team as well as your own Product team
- You develop features using best practices from unit to end-to-end testing
- You help our QA team to automate even more our testing approaches
- You participate in code reviews and promote code quality and best practices
- You hunt and investigate bugs in the complex world of blockchains edge cases
- You share knowledge within Ledger and beyond
What we're looking for:
- Engineer profile with at least 7 years of experience in software development
- Strong experience in React.js development, tools and libraries
- Good knowledge of browsers and web APIs
- Familiar with Web3 libraries and ecosystemKnowledge of UI/UX practices in software development
- A team player mindset with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Nice to have : Experience in developing and maintaining a CI pipeline based on Github actions - Previous experience working with Browser extensions
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.
See more open positions at Ledger
Something looks off?