Team lead - Live Core Tech
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.
Ledger has developed Ledger Live, an application to manage all your blockchain-backed assets. It’s built in React.js (Electron on Desktop and React Native on Mobile) and supports multiple blockchains (coins & NFTs) as well as provides multiple services by integrating DApps and offering a SDK for 3rd parties to integrate. Of course, all this is backed by our hardware wallets which Ledger Live allows you to manage.
The application is developed by several teams, each working on specific parts of the software. To sustain the company's growth, we are looking for a new Team Lead. Reporting directly to the Wallet Experience Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the Live Core team which is accountable for Ledger Live transversal tooling, common libraries and reusable components that are consumed by all developers contributing to Ledger Live Applications.
This includes CI workflows (Github Actions), Developer Experience tooling, supervision of the libraries of UI components & associated storybooks as well as analytics and feature flag client libraries.
- Lead your team and meet regularly with your direct reports to provide frequent feedback on their work
- Drive recruitments, performance assessments, trainings and career development for your team
- Help individuals set goals and improve their practices, to ensure employee growth and meet retention goals
- Drive projects from end-to-end, implementing best-in-class engineering practices
- Participate in the sprint delivery, monitor Tech' metrics, and be accountable for the quality of deliverables
- Consistently come up with innovative solutions and encourage innovative thinking from others
- Collaborate closely with Delivery Managers, Product Owners and Designers to assess feasibility, provide technical recommendations, and help estimating and planning
- Delegate effectively, ensuring tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging
- Communicate clearly on expectations and ensure practices are followed to meet Ledger’s quality bar
- Leadership & Communication
- Embrace a positive “can do” attitude, and be a model for others
- Be proactive in your communication and be a well identified link with other teams
- Track progresses / risks / issues and communicate them to the appropriate stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of experience managing engineering teamsStrong experience in React.js development, tools and libraries
- A fist experience dealing on CI and tooling topicsTeam player mindset, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Enthusiasm for hiring new talents, and developing and growing people
What’s in it for you ?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.