DPO Legal Intern
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 25% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of almost 1000 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
As an intern on the DPO team, you will be responsible for assisting the team in its compliance activities.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the monitoring of the compliance program of each team as well as in compliance actions (identification of the measures to be taken, recommendations, development of procedures, etc.).
- Be in charge of processing clients and employees requests in regards to their personal data (access to data, deletion, rectification, etc.) and actively contribute to the improvement and automation of the procedure for managing these requests.
- Contribute to the mapping of data processing and data flows between the group’s internal systems and technical service providers. Update the processing register.
- Participate in the negotiation of the personal data clauses of the contracts concluded by Ledger with its service providers.
- Participate in the periodic review of the compliance of these service providers.
- Contribute to : following up on any ongoing litigation, defining related strategy and managing relationships with lawyers.
- Be in charge of the legal watch on current topics and write internal communications (e.g., newsletters) for business teams.
- More generally, you are in charge of answering all the teams' questions about personal data.
What we are looking for:
- You are a trainee lawyer and / or have a DJCE / Master II (BAC+5) in new technologies / IT law - ideally with a focus on personal data law.
- You already have previous meaningful internship experience in personal data issues (done within a company, law firm or data protection authority).
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, drafting and presentation skills in English, allowing you to interact with international teams and to work on matters in English. Your level in French is operational.
- You are extremely rigorous and have a strong sense of organization. You are able to prioritize matters when working on multiple projects.
Position located in : Paris (02) France.
Contract type : Internship : 6 months
Starting month : February - April 2024
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.