Hardware Security Engineer - Side Channel
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.
The Donjon is the team in charge of the security of all the products built at Ledger. As a Security Engineer, your daily job will be to attack our hardware wallets and the whole ecosystem they interact with, in order to maintain and improve our leadership in the industry.
- Research cutting-edge hardware attacks by using side channel techniques,
- Perform hardware security reviews of new products launched by Ledger,
- Interact with product and development teams to help maintaining Ledger’s products top security,
- Maintain and write new code allowing hardware attacks (side-channel attack library, bench tooling),
- Present your work in academic and hacking conferences all over the world.
What we’re looking for?
- At least, 3 years of experience of side channel evaluation of embedded systems,
- Experience in theory and practice of side channel attacks,
- Experience in Machine Learning applied to SCA and associated frameworks (keras / tensorflow / pytorch) [...]
- Basic knowledge of applied cryptography (ECC, AES, …),
- Tool programming in Rust, Python and C, including secure programming in these languages,
Following skills are a plus
- Setup a hardware environment for security evaluations,
- Basics of cryptocurrency ecosystems,
- Knowledge of more advanced applied cryptography (Zero Knowledge Proof, Full Homomorphic Encryption, ...),
- Knowledge in post quantum cryptography
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks.
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.