Magic is spearheading the global shift to web3, a decentralized internet. Our focus is simplifying web3 onboarding and adoption by enabling instant web3 wallet creation, mirroring user-friendly web2 experiences. With 20M+ wallets, 130K+ developers, and $52 million in funding, we're shaping a future where users have total control over their digital assets.
We believe in an internet that grants users new digital property rights, empowering personal ownership of virtual assets. This vision is endorsed by our major partners, such as Mattel, Macy’s, ImmutableX, Niftys, & OpenSea, and leading investors like Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
If you are excited to help onboard the next billion users to a useful, accessible, and safe Web3, let’s chat!
Engineering Managers at Magic see their team as their product. They are technically credible, know the details of what engineers work on and even contribute themselves. Much of their time is also spent safeguarding their team's health, hiring a world-class team, and putting them in the best position to succeed. They own the delivery of product commitments and are always looking to improve productivity. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.
What you’ll do
- Hybrid role, holding management responsibilities, setting goals and priorities, providing guidance and mentorship and serving as a backend technical lead
- Help the team meet its needs from coding to overseeing design, development, and implementation of complex software systems
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and performance in a fast paced environment
- Participate as a key stakeholder in our planning process and help shape the trajectory of the engineering organization
- Lead and manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Magic
- Work closely with the sales and product organizations to develop and build alignment on enterprise GTM needs
- Communicate with stakeholders and leadership to provide updates, resolve technical issues, and identify areas for improvement
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Magic’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Magic’s engineering management team
Who you are
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in software as a backend engineer, with a proven track record of delivering high-quality software products in a fast paced and high ambiguity environment
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager that has led teams at scale
- Experience working with MySQL and Python in production (Go/Node is a plus).
- Previous experience as the technical lead for a team of engineers, and ability to demonstrate technical leadership.
- Works effectively cross-functionally and is able to make or coordinate hard decisions and trade-offs
- Thrives with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to navigate complex technical and business challenges in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on serving enterprise customers
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Encourage a healthy and inclusive work environment that’s both challenging and supportive
- Experience developing enterprise software
- Experience working in Web3
- Productively lead fully remote teams
- Experience with key/wallet management, or NFT verticals within Web3
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- 99% coverage of platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Family planning and reproductive health benefit with $5,000 lifetime reimbursement through Maven
- Annual team meetups
- Discretionary performance bonus
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the position. However, please note that we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment. Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.