Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Magic simplifies web3 onboarding by providing the most simple solution to access its endless benefits. We help businesses of all sizes build trusted customer relationships like never before.
Magic has seen incredible traction since its founding in 2018, with year-over-year growth exceeding 300%. To date, we’ve created over 25 million wallets in partnership with leading brands like Mattel, Macy’s, 7-Eleven, Beam Suntory, Animoca Brands, Immutable, Xsolla, WalletConnect, Forbes, Synchrony, and Magic Eden. We’ve also raised over $80M from iconic investors such as Paypal Ventures, Tiger Global, Northzone, Placeholder, Cherubic, Lightspeed Ventures, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
Our team is deeply passionate about Magic’s mission. Joining Magic means partnering with the best minds in Web3 to shape our industry. We foster an environment that promotes peak performance by offering robust support through a collaborative culture, opportunities to make a meaningful impact, and a suite of top-tier benefits.
If you are excited to onboard the next billion users to web3, let’s chat!
As a Software Engineer Backend on the Platform Team at Magic, you will play a pivotal role in building platforms from the ground up, launching core features for our consumers (end-users and developers alike), as well as scaling our existing systems. You will act as a key player on the Magic engineering team to help build and ship features that support authentication and wallet service flows that help to onboard the next billion users to web3.
This role reports directly to our Director of Product Engineering.
- Work on the Platform Engineering team. Platform Engineering provides stable, scalable blockchain, key management, platform and data services to support Magic experiences. This includes out patented technology DKMS along with future innovations in KMS, Blockchain, NFT minting services and data pipeline work
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders across the company to bring new features and products to Magic users.
- Build software that impacts every Magic user, whether they’re an end-user, developer, or partner. Key projects include Blockchain, our patented Delegated Key Management System (DKMS) and future innovations, NFT minting, and data pipelines.
- Collaborate with backend and frontend developers to deliver new features and improve existing features.
- Implement best practices and create and update documentation to help improve your peers' development experience.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Help debug and solve critical production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- A strong technical background, with 2 - 4+ years of experience in backend and API development.
- Experience working with MySQL and Python in production.
- Excitement about building the future of web3 and democratizing access to a user-centered web.
- A collaborative and motivated mindset, with a drive to build in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- A strong sense of ownership and anything can be done attitude.
- The ability to listen well and collaborate with other team members to make the team more efficient.
Salary: $165K-$185K base
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- Annual team meetups
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.