Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
Locations supported: UK, EU
About the Engineering Team:
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organize in small cross-functional squads of 4-6 engineers and an embedded Product Manager and Product Data Analyst. We currently have squads across Crypto / NFT / Payments / KYC / Core Product and others. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialize.
Squads We Are Currently Hiring For:
ASSET DELIVERY: Ensures that crypto assets are delivered to customers on time. In order to ensure this, we work with multiple exchanges, custody providers and hot wallets. We focus on building systems to manage how the crypto currency gets routed to the customers, and manage the lifecycle of the delivery. Responsible for creating delightful experiences for millions of MoonPay users to onboard, transact, and access the hundreds of web3 partners in our ecosystem through account.moonpay.com, the web equivalent to our application, and moonpay.com.
CONSUMER WEB: Responsible for creating delightful experiences for millions of MoonPay users to onboard, transact, and access the hundreds of web3 partners in our ecosystem through account.moonpay.com, the web equivalent to our application, and moonpay.com.
GROWTH: Looks after accelerating our growth efforts across our Consumer, Business, and B2B2C product offerings. You will be responsible for building features that help those product offerings – making improvements to discovery, strengthening MoonPay’s network of Businesses and Consumers, internationalizing language, and running A/B tests on key user flows. Growth engineers work in close partnership with designers, product thinkers, and customers, to impact the lives of millions of users.
PARTNER EXPERIENCE: The partner experience team looks after the onboarding and ongoing experience of B2B partners integrating the MoonPay product offerings (Crypto and NFT Checkout, Wallets and HyperMint). You will be responsible for building features for partner onboarding, integrating MoonPay into their experience, integration testing, enabling partners to customize their integration and monitor the success.
RAMPS: Responsible for our customer-facing crypto on-ramping and off-ramping web application that can be used stand-alone or be embedded by our partners. We onboard new customers, and work to provide them with the smoothest possible crypto purchasing experience - we put a lot of effort into UX and conversion optimization. The customer-journey includes features such as authentication, KYC, payment method setup and tracking the final asset delivery.
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, TypeDI, TypeGraphQL and routing-controllers as our backend libraries
- React and NextJS hosted on Vercel as our frontend
- Google Cloud Platform to host our services
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- Bull to manage background tasks
- DataDog for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests ✅
- Architect and develop new and existing products and features.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Collaborate with other product teams to deliver and improve customer facing features.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Integrate and work closely with external service providers to ensure smooth operation.
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive backend engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- Confidence in developing, releasing and maintaining server applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Either experience with some of our tech stack, or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- A deep understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
- Cloud native experience with Google Cloud or similar e.g AWS, Azure.
- Bonus points if you make open-source contributions or have experience in web3.
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline. Including design, documentation, monitoring and alerting.
- Lead initiatives from an engineering perspective, partnering closely with product managers.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Technical call (60 minutes)
- Virtual onsite stage (3 calls between 30 and 45 minutes each)
Equity package 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Something looks off?