Full Stack Engineer
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
Locations supported: UK, EU
About the Engineering Team:
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organize in small cross-functional squads of 4-6 engineers and an embedded Product Manager and Product Data Analyst. We currently have squads across Crypto / NFT / Payments / KYC / Core Product and others. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialize.
Squads We Are Currently Hiring For:
PAYMENTS: Our mission is to provide MoonPay customers with a seamless and secure fiat payment experience. Our amazing team is committed to continuously expanding our portfolio of payment methods and currencies, while also taking ownership of MoonPay’s pricing engine, enhancing our internal Ledger systems, and optimizing our routing infrastructure to maximize user conversion rates and deliver the ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, TypeDI, TypeGraphQL and routing-controllers as our backend libraries
- React and NextJS hosted on Vercel as our frontend
- Google Cloud Platform to host our services
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- Bull to manage background tasks
- DataDog for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests ✅
- Develop new and existing products and features.
- Collaborate with other product teams to deliver and improve customer facing features.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Integrate and work closely with external service providers to ensure smooth operation.
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
Skills & Experience:
- Backend engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- Confidence in developing, releasing and maintaining server applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Either experience with some of our tech stack, or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- Understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
- Cloud native experience with Google Cloud or similar e.g AWS, Azure.
- Bonus points if you make open-source contributions or have experience in web3.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Technical call (60 minutes)
- Virtual onsite stage (3 calls between 30 and 45 minutes each)
Equity package 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Commitment to diversity:
At MoonPay we believe that every voice matters. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. That’s why we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including, but not limited to, hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, and leave of absence.
MoonPay is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform our Talent Team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.