Full Stack Software Engineer, Data Platform
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role
The Data Platform team at Pagoda is responsible for the data access infrastructure of NEAR Protocol. We focus on building scalable, performant, and reliable infrastructure to query and access blockchain data that power decentralized applications, such as the NEAR Blockchain Operating System (BOS).
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing user interfaces and services for software engineers around the world to build decentralized applications on NEAR Protocol;
- Collaboration with a fully distributed team around the world;
- Writing the code, fixing bugs, and participating in design discussions;
- Following the minimal processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings;
- Develop components and applications in public clouds like GCP and AWS;
- Participating in on-call rotations;
- Performance optimizations and scalability/reliability improvements.
What We're Looking For
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Creativity to come up with proof of concept from high level design while not knowing all the details.
- Experience building highly-interactive user interfaces using React;
- Experience building easy to use and scalable APIs, including REST and GraphQL;
- Ability to write clean yet efficient code in a variety of programming languages and technologies, including TypeScript, Rust, SQL, Python;
- Experience building cloud applications utilizing managed compute and data processing systems;
- Understanding data processing and storage solutions and ability to find balance between cost, performance and scalability.
- Effective communication skills to convey your ideas and discuss with team members for technical challenges
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities;
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines, observability tools and metrics;
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies;
- Experience working at a startup.
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (3 x 60 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in North America.
The base salary range for this role is $148,750 - $195,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we do have other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.