Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role
We are looking for a productive, pragmatic, empathetic collaborator to join the team. Someone who is excited by challenging technical problems, has proficiency in low-level browser APIs, and familiarity with framework rendering pipelines (i.e. React or Preact).
What You'll Be Doing
This position requires working on open source projects within a team of full stack and front-end engineers, communicating very closely with internal engineering teams and the community of developers building upon core components of the blockchain operating system.
- Working with full stack and front-end engineers on achieving the vision of the BOS Web Engine;
- Work on a collaborative and globally distributed team of world class experienced engineers, providing an opportunity to learn and grow your technical skill set.
- Interface with many open-source projects where you might be asked to represent the NEAR organization
What We're Looking For
- Deep familiarity with web standards
- Fluency in React or Preact
- Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working with a fully remote team and the skills to excel at working in a remote environment
- You should be familiar with the full stack and front-end development
- A solid understanding of CSS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have
- Experience building UIs which managed multiple browsing contexts
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
- Deep knowledge of the React or Preact render pipeline
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (3 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located anywhere.
The base salary range for this role is $165,750 - $195,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we do have other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.