Full Stack Engineer, Solutions
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
The Pagoda Solutions team is looking for a full stack software engineer to work on ecosystem critical features and solutions. You will pair up with the ecosystem success team to identify missing gaps in the ecosystem from wallets, explorers, indexers, oracles etc., deliver improvements, define standards and create example implementation for the standards. You will be in close contact with ecosystem projects, understand their problems and help them deliver features and improvements.
You will be expected to fully own various components and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
What You'll Be Doing
- Discover ecosystem critical needs, design and implement them
- Help critical ecosystem projects with best practices on standards
- Lead technical standards in different product groups
- Work with internal and external product managers, technical stakeholders to gather feedback and work with internal teams to deliver product/protocol improvements.
- Have a broad understanding of different parts of the NEAR Protocol stack, use this broad knowledge to come up with creative solutions for business critical problems.
- Maintain existing integrations with important partners;
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team.
What We're Looking For
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp complex engineering concepts; we expect you to obtain a good understanding of the blockchain protocol and different parts of the NEAR Protocol stack;
- Ability to deliver end to end web applications;
- Experience or ability to work with multiple languages, Rust is the main language that we use but it is not a hard requirement to know it;
- 2+ years experience building production applications, libraries, APIs;
- Developed applications on web3 technologies;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- Being comfortable with diving in multiple parts of a technology stack and quickly navigate through it;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have
- Ability to deliver end to end mobile applications.
- Good understanding of smart contract development
- Experience working at a startup;
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Hiring Manager Call
- 1st Round
- 2 Technical Interviews
- Final Round
- Navigating Ambiguity Interview
- Pagoda Values Interview
The base salary range for this role is $148,750 - $195,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Encouraged 20 days of flexible PTO per year, plus your local holidays
- Wellness weeks – 2 weeks of paid company-wide closures
- 100% Paid medical, dental and vision, AD&D and life insurance for US employees, including 85% coverage for dependents, and HSA + FSA options; For non-US employees, 100% Paid private medical coverage available at the highest tiered plan
- Access to licensed therapists and mental health resources through Spill, 100% confidential and paid by Pagoda; plus $75 monthly reimbursement for wellness
- Generous parental leave options; All employees have access to $10,000 in fertility assistance through Carrot
- For US employees, 401(k) retirement plan available (no match)
- Annual company retreats and team offsites (2023 was in Spain; 2022 in Portugal)
- $2,000 Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.