Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 650,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
This is an exciting period of growth for us at SwissBorg with a focus on delivery, from shaping efficient processes to squad coordination. We are building a top-notch Engineering Team with talents from all over Europe, and are looking for the spark that helps them focus on the essential and work in the best conditions.
Our Engineering Managers are instrumental to the success of our engineering teams and this is an incredible opportunity to play a key part in shaping the future of SwissBorg.
How will you make an impact?
- Ensure productivity by removing obstacles and creating a results driven and high performing engineering environment
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering culture
- Coach engineers of all levels and individuals facing any work related challenges
- Develop and grow reports
- Manage expectations and work closely with high level stakeholders
- Be responsible for attracting, mentoring, supporting and retaining a team of top-notch engineers who design, build and support SwissBorg infrastructure
- Drive the implementation of the roadmap and balance new features with technical debt
- Plan and prioritize the team’s roadmap, and champion team projects internally
- Ownership mindset
- Monitor metrics to ensure that teams are hitting and are on target
- Work closely with Product Manager to ensure that outputs and goals are align
- Owning and creating new processes
- Share opinions and input, with the ability to influence the direction of the engineering teams
- Work closely with all Engineering Managers to create hiring plans
- Ensure that our hiring processes are best aligned with requirements
- Onboard new members
We would love to hear from you if you can bring the following experience:
- 4+ years of management experience
- Prior experience coordinating a team and delivering on a roadmap
- A “people first” approach - you care about facilitating learning and growth on the team - you put our engineers first
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, and are able to help teams develop trust and safety
- Comfortable providing feedback and having sometimes difficult conversations
- Strong attention to detail
- Although this is not a hands-on position - we are looking for an understanding of the latest frameworks and technologies so that when something isn’t working or delivery is slow, you know how to fix it
- The ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Comfortable working in a hyper growth environment and understanding the challenges that come with a startup environment
- Previously managed remote distributed teams
- Knowledge of Crypto or Blockchain eco-systems
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build the company of your dreams
- Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible working hours
- 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
- Annual team retreats - We'd love to see you at the next one!
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.
Take a look at our blog for the latest developments and keep an eye on our Careers Page, LinkedIn & Twitter for regular company updates!
See more open positions at SwissBorg
Something looks off?