Legal Counsel Regulatory Compliance
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 730,000+ verified users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Austria or Taiwan, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
What you might be doing:
- Lead the processes for filing investment firm licenses and maintaining them under MiFID II and other applicable laws and regulations;
- Contribute to the process of authorisation as cryptoasset service provider under MiCA regulation ;
- Contributing to drafting reports, policies and procedures according to MiFID II and AIFM other requirements applicable laws and regulations;
- Advise on regulatory strategy, securing and maintaining regulatory licenses, and implementing/assuring compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements, pulling together what you need from across the organisation;
- Conduct a global regulatory watch on cryptoassets regulation and general sectorial news;
- Navigating complex regulatory frameworks and participate in advising on the design of innovative financial products and services;
- Researching a range of novel legal and regulatory questions and participating in providing legal analyses and recommendations to inform business decisions;
- Contributing to the review of external communication via social media and marketing campaigns;
- Supporting the legal team and other departments with general matters, including regulatory and compliance law questions;
- Keeping abreast of internal standards and business goals.
What you might bring:
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years as a legal counsel;
- Master of Laws;
- Excellent knowledge in EU financial law (MiFID II, EMIR, AIFMD, PRIIPs) mandatory;
- Proven track record of going through licenses process under the above frameworks required;
- Interest in the blockchain and cryptoassets industry as well as curiosity and eagerness to understand the underlying technicality is a plus;
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards;
- Business acumen;
- Strong business partnership culture combined with a solution oriented attitude and capable of performing even in challenging situations;
- Great writing and communication skills in English, with proven verbal and written fluency; German is a plus;
- Proven ability to understand legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical, local business requirements;
- Autonomous, adaptive, ability to think outside of the box, creative;
- Experience/Background: ideally with a previous experience in a FinTech company / financial institution / investment firm / fund.
Please send us your CV in English!
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build the company of your dreams
- Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- BORG bonus based on our meritocratic system
- Flexible working hours
- 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
- We'll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Annual company and team retreats - We'd love to see you at the next one!
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.