Senior Scala Engineer
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023
At SwissBorg, our mission is to democratize financial assets, allowing ordinary people the ability to achieve financial freedom.
SwissBorg is Europe’s fastest-growing Crypto app and since launching in 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland our innovative app has taken the market by storm! We currently offer 54 cryptocurrencies, operate in 100+ countries, and have a community base of 650,000+ users.
The crypto revolution is reshaping the financial landscape, offering transparency and financial opportunities previously limited to the wealthy. Our mission is to create a user-friendly and community-centric product that opens doors for everyone. At Swissborg, we aim to provide accessible tools that empower individuals to safely grow their wealth using the potential of DeFi.
SwissBorg is looking for a Senior Scala Engineer to play a vital role in the back-end development of SwissBorg's flagship app.
You will join a great team and have a chance to build and own your products, witnessing real-time impact when your code gets deployed into production. You will immediately see your value and be valued as part of our great squad.
Our stack includes:
Libraries: Cats Effect 3, Tapir, Sttp, Fs2, Akka
Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, PostgreSQL, Kafka
Architecture: microservices, Event Sourcing, Reactive
There are endless opportunities at SwissBorg, you will join a talented engineering department working with some of the best Scala Engineers in Europe. From us, you can expect an environment that offers transparency and promotes a healthy work-life balance to enable you to do your best and a team of humble and motivated engineers.
As a Scala Engineer you will:
- Identify requirements for backend architecture design and API with the engineering team
- Solve challenging problems in the context of finance and distributed systems
- Write rigorous automated tests and ensure code quality and documentation
- Optimise the code for performance
- Support and coach junior team members
- Own your services, from tech design to deployment and monitoring
- Help the product to design the requirements for a feature, providing technical guidance early in the process
- Take part in the continuous improvement of the overall technical architecture
- Solid experience working with Scala
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial thinking - customer value should be your key driver
- A keen interest in Web3/Crypto
What we can offer you:
Annual bonus Training and development budget
The latest MacBook Pro
CHSB welcome bonus
Flexible working hours - we believe in outcome over output
Vacation days + local bank holidays
Company wide retreats
Continuous learning and development opportunities
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.