General Risk Manager
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 730,000+ verified users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Austria or Taiwan, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
We are seeking an experienced General Risk Manager to join our dynamic team at SwissBorg. As a pioneer in the European crypto industry, we are committed to fostering a secure and compliant environment for our users. The Risk Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing and enhancing our risk management framework to ensure the safety of our platform, assets and the organization as a whole. This role will encompass a wide range of risk categories, including market, credit, operational, compliance, and IT.
What you might be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive risk management strategy aligned with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Monitor and analyze market, credit, operational, compliance, and IT risks associated with our organisation, activities, cryptocurrency trading and investments.
- Conduct risk assessments and vulnerability analyses to identify potential threats and areas for improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective risk controls, policies, and procedures to mitigate identified risks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate risk management into all aspects of the business.
- Monitor and respond to market trends, regulatory changes, and emerging risks relevant to the crypto industry.
- Conduct periodic risk reporting to authorities and senior management and provide recommendations for risk mitigation strategies.
- Stay abreast of evolving industry standards and best practices in risk management.
What you might bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Risk Management, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management within the cryptocurrency or financial industry.
- Strong understanding of European regulatory frameworks related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- Proficiency in risk assessment methodologies, data analysis, and risk modeling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English, with proven verbal and written fluency and the ability to convey complex risk concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective risk management strategies.
- Knowledge about CRD/CRR and IFD/IFR regulations.
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., FRM, CFA, CRM) are a plus.
- Experience/Background: ideally with a previous experience in a FinTech company / financial institution / investment firm / fund.
- Autonomous, adaptive, ability to think outside of the box, creative.
- Logical and systematic thinking.
- Business acumen.
- Strong business partnership culture combined with a solution oriented attitude and capable of performing even in challenging situations.
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build the company of your dreams
- Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- BORG bonus based on our meritocratic system
- Flexible working hours
- 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
- We'll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Annual company and team retreats - We'd love to see you at the next one!
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.