Remote · Estonia · Estonia
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2024
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 730,000+ verified users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Austria or Taiwan, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
What you might be doing:
- Analyze and review suspicious activity to prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, sanction evasion, and investment scams in the SwissBorg ecosystem.
- Make sure to actively participate in maintaining a high level of compliance with the AML regulations.
- Analyse ongoing trends and suggest preventive measures.
- Prepare internal SAR and case summary reports for the banking partners and law enforcement agencies.
- Conduct thorough investigations to detect fraud, analyzing blockchain activity for all cryptocurrency transactions.
- Assist potential victims of investment scams and fraud by addressing their concerns, collecting information, and answering inquiries.
- Work within a great team of colleagues, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of data to support the alerting process.
- Identify data pain points and collaborate with the KYC team data and payment agents to resolve them.
- Contribute towards the proposal and design of effective tools, processes and systems to improve suspicious activity detection and risk mitigation.
- Contribute towards the design and improvement of effective data sets, models and reporting to improve the management of AML risk.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
What you might bring:
- A relevant BA or Masters degree.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of AML regulations within the EU, and preferably in other jurisdictions.
- Experience in fraud investigation and analysis, with a strong focus on investment scams in the crypto field.
- AML certification, such as ICA, and ACAMS is an advantage.
- Independent, logical thinker problem solver, and firm decision-maker.
- Comfortable reviewing and analysing complex data.
- Business and customer centric.
- Excellent communication skills, professional manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build the company of your dreams
- Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- BORG bonus based on our meritocratic system
- Flexible working hours
- 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
- We'll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Annual company and team retreats - We'd love to see you at the next one!
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.