Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Upshot builds financial infrastructure for long-tail assets. Our advanced machine learning models provide real-time valuations and liquidity for NFTs, Real World Assets, and other long-tail assets typically overlooked by traditional finance. By enabling price discovery and tradability, we unlock new markets where traders can participate with confidence. We envision an open financial system where any asset can be valued and traded
As crypto-natives and ML experts with experience across leading Web3 projects, our team combines deep blockchain knowledge with cutting-edge technical capabilities. We’re backed by top crypto venture funds and angel investors who share our vision for the future of digital ownership.
At Upshot, we nurture our people just as much as our products, providing an environment where top talent can thrive at the intersection of crypto and AI. Together, we’re building the infrastructure and services that will allow NFTs and other assets to fulfill their potential to transform finance, ownership, and creative economies. Join us as we shape the next frontier.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. Alongside a team of other talented engineers, you will play a leading role in ensuring our APIs, analytics platform, and other apps are always up and running and are operating efficiently.
- Ensure our apps are running as smoothly as possible with zero downtime
- Help craft highly-scalable architectures for a high-volume analytics platform
- Leverage your knowledge of 3rd party services to aid in development of some of our more demanding requirements (e.g. search, messaging systems)
- Aid in software engineering responsibilities (mostly Typescript, some Python)
- 5+ years as DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer in a high-volume production setting
- Prior software engineering experience
- Proficient in Python, SQL, bash and related tooling
- Prior experience with AWS, Kafka, and event-driven architectures
- Prior experience with Postgres or similar databases
- Advanced knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
Nice to have
- Proficient in Typescript
- Knowledgeable in the Web3 Crypto/NFT/DeFi space with a solid grasp of recent global trends and use cases
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that an employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.