Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Upshot builds financial infrastructure for long-tail assets. Our advanced machine learning models provide real-time valuations and liquidity for NFTs, Real World Assets, and other long-tail assets typically overlooked by traditional finance. By enabling price discovery and tradability, we unlock new markets where traders can participate with confidence. We envision an open financial system where any asset can be valued and traded
As crypto-natives and ML experts with experience across leading Web3 projects, our team combines deep blockchain knowledge with cutting-edge technical capabilities. We’re backed by top crypto venture funds and angel investors who share our vision for the future of digital ownership.
At Upshot, we nurture our people just as much as our products, providing an environment where top talent can thrive at the intersection of crypto and AI. Together, we’re building the infrastructure and services that will allow NFTs and other assets to fulfill their potential to transform finance, ownership, and creative economies. Join us as we shape the next frontier.
Backend technical stack: NestJS, Node, TypeScript, Redis, Ethers, Postgres, Sequelize, Docker, Kafka, AWS, Apache Flink
- Work with backend, frontend, product, and design teams to bring features and products to life
- Build high-quality and well-tested code
- Own the entire lifecycle of our backend services, from defining a roadmap and proposing designs to implementing a final product.
- Enhance the software development lifecycle to enable rapid learning, including ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features and tech debt
- Produce high-level internal and external documentation
- Collaborate, mentor, and provide support to other team members
- 5+ years experience with Node and TypeScript
- 5+ years experience with SQL
- 3+ years experience with Postgres or similar databases
- 2+ years experience with Kafka or other distributed event streaming platform
- Experience with architecting systems that churn terabytes of data per day
- Experience with building public-facing APIs used in a production setting and serving at least 4 orders of magnitude of requests per day
- Strong ability to solve problems and comfortable with removing blockers in an ambiguous environment
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively and with at least 4 multi-disciplinary teams at once
- Highly knowledgeable in the Web3 Crypto/NFT/DeFi space with a solid grasp of recent global trends and use cases
- Ability to move quickly, adjusting course when necessary, in a fast-paced startup environment (An individual involved in a startup as it pivoted would be very qualified in this respect)
Nice to have
- Prior experience with NestJS
- Prior experience building open source developer tooling and interacting with open source communities
- Familiarity with the web3 technical stack
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that an employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.