Business Operations Manager
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Upshot is the preeminent company providing appraisal services for NFTs and unique digital assets. Leveraging cutting-edge machine learning models, Upshot produces accurate, real-time appraisals for almost any NFT. Our products create a broad new frontier for NFT markets, enabling an entirely new class of financial primitives.
We are a team of crypto-natives and ML experts, with deep experience working on some of the leading projects in Web3, and backed by the foremost funds and angels in crypto. At Upshot, we are committed to nurturing top talent looking to make an impact at the forefront of this new frontier.
Our fast-growing startup is seeking a Business Operations Manager to join our operations team. This is a key role that will be responsible for all aspects of financial planning, reporting, analysis, and compliance leading initiatives to mature Upshot’s financial best practices, processes and systems.
- Financial accuracy and reporting: You will be responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting, including crypto assets, are accurate and meet regulatory requirements. You will work closely with the operations team to ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported precisely.
- Project management: You will manage projects between the operations team and other departments, including the marketing, engineering, and product teams. You will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet the requirements of all stakeholders.
- Business model and market analysis: You will conduct research, analyze, and build financial models as well as business models. You will use this information to make informed decisions about the direction of the company and help us stay ahead of the competition.
- Implement processes to improve team efficiency and autonomy: You will work closely with the operations team to identify areas where we can improve our processes to make the team more efficient and autonomous. You will develop and implement new processes and procedures to help us succeed.
- Manage legal processes: You will manage legal processes and interactions with our company counsel. This includes reviewing and drafting contracts, managing regulatory compliance, and ensuring that we are following all applicable laws and regulations.
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the COO including ad hoc projects and tasks as they arise.
- Financial literacy: You must have a strong understanding of financial models and be able to create and analyze financial reports. You should be highly comfortable working with complex financial data.
- Blockchain tools: You should be familiar with and comfortable using blockchain tools and technologies. You should have experience working with cryptocurrencies and be able to effectively manage crypto assets.
- Project management: You should have experience managing projects and be able to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project goals. You should be able to prioritize tasks, manage timelines, and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Self-motivated: You should be self-motivated and able to work independently for long periods of time. You should be able to take ownership of projects and tasks and be able to work without constant supervision.
- Crypto knowledge: It would be beneficial if you have advanced knowledge of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. You should be able to stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry and be able to apply this knowledge to your work.
- Programmatic scripts and automation tools: You should be able to write programmatic scripts and automation tools to improve our processes and make our team more efficient. You should be comfortable with programming languages and be able to work with APIs.
- Financial industry work experience: It would be beneficial if you have previous work experience in the financial industry. You should have a good understanding of financial regulations and be able to apply this knowledge to your work.
- Startup experience: You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to change quickly.
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Upshot
Something looks off?